It is becoming increasingly more complicated for employers to keep up with the ever changing laws and regulations that come with sponsoring health plans. Most employers are unaware of their obligations under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), ERISA, COBRA and other laws as they are surprised to learn of their liability when these obligations are not met. Our compliance services help employers of all sizes better understand, develop and maintain effective compliance programs.
eBenefits Compliance Consultants work with your company to keep benefit programs in compliance with all applicable government regulations.
Initially, eBenefits Consultants can:
- Review current plan documents for compliance with applicable IRS requirements.
- Review current Summary Plan Description(s), Summaries of Material Modifications, plan documents and benefit booklets for compliance with applicable DOL requirements.
- Determine whether all required forms 5500 have been appropriately filed.
- Review the most recently distributed Summary Annual Report(s).
- Determine which plans are subject to nondiscrimination testing.
Once the review is completed, recommendations have been made, and our solutions implemented, eBenefits Consultants will continue to work with your business to ensure timely updates to your plans, documents, and processes as new regulations emerge.
Ongoing Benefits Compliance services consist of:
- Preparing all required forms 5500 including supporting schedules.
- Preparing all required Summary Annual Report(s) for distribution to employees.
- Completing nondiscrimination testing as necessary.
- Providing ongoing consulting services when you have technical questions about your plan.
- Informing you of legislative changes through newsletters and client seminars.
- Assisting with questions relating to COBRA compliance, HIPAA compliance, FMLA compliance, ERISA compliance, and IRC Sections 79, 105, 125 and 129.
Contact us to learn more about how we can handle keeping your business in compliance with all government regulations.